If you are interested in starting a home renovation project on a home that was built prior to 1978, chances are you may have lead based paint in the home..
Lead Based Paint is a paint that was used prior to 1978 that contains high levels of lead. Lead from paint, chips, and dust can pose serious health hazards if not taken care of properly. Said hazard is serious enough that if you suspect your home might have lead based paint anywhere, you should hire a commercial painting service to come make sure and repaint the home. Even if you’re not sure it’s better to be safe than sorry, so hire the professionals, just be sure to inform them of the situation so that they can confirm this is something they have the training and equipment to take care of safely.
But if you’re one of those people who like to generate employment and help other people as well as get things done. That’s why you decide to hire professionals from Encore Painting Company TX, they can be very helpful.
If you think your home may have high levels of lead, use these steps below to take precautions:
- Get your young children tested against the HUD lead safe rule
- Wash children’s bottles, toys and pacifiers often
- Get your home checked for lead hazards
- Regularly clean your home
- Wipe soil off shoes before entering house
- Fix areas of the home that have peeling or chipped paint.
- Understand the proper way to get rid of the paint or cover it up
- Don’t use a belt-sander, propane torch, high
temperature heat gun, scraper, or sandpaper on
painted surfaces that may contain lead.
- Don’t try to remove lead-based paint yourself
To get a full copy of the Lead Based Paint Brochure, email me today at CampLejeuneRealtor@gmail.com
Or if you want to look into all types of homes, please go to my website at HousesForSaleJacksonvilleNC.com.